These tender sweet cupcakes paired with a light airy vanilla whipped cream, topped with a sweet caramel drizzle, are so incredibly special. Perfect for an Easter celebration. These cupcakes are not only super easy to make, but they have a delightful brown sugar base that pairs so well with the caramel, it’s a match made in heaven! You will not regret making these simply sweet cupcakes for your next treat to share!
This recipe yields 24 cupcakes. If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that doesn’t require any baking, you should also checkout this recipe for No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Parfaits.
Tips for making these cupcakes
I promise that you cannot mess these cupcakes up, but just to be sure I wanted to give you a few pointers.
- For a tender cupcake, the trick is to NOT over mix, but gently fold in the batter until just combined. Over mixing creates too much air in the batter, in turn a dry dense cake.
- This cake batter is oil based which I LOVE, because it allows the crumb to retain moisture for a lovely texture.
- Use a large cookie scoop to ensure even cupcakes. This is one of my favorite cupcake tips, because having evenly filled cupcakes is so important for even baking, plus they look so adorable all lined up together!
Tips for making the whipped cream
This is seriously the easiest whipped frosting recipe you will ever make, I PROMISE. It only has TWO ingredients, it’s completely stable, It’s not gritty and it takes 3 minutes to whip up. Literally 3 minutes!
- I only Use the JELL-O brand Instant pudding for this recipe, but it will work on any instant pudding brand. The amount of heavy cream may vary.
- Only prepare the whipped cream a couple hours in advance, and keep sealed.
- If you are making the cupcakes the day before I suggest frosting the cupcakes the day of so that the frosting doesn’t dry out.
- If the whipped frosting seems to be too stiff add more heavy cream 1TBS at a time until it loosens up.
- This whipped frosting recipe can be used for various flavors and pairs really well with any cake!
Use what you have! But if you can, it’s always nice to find some fun festive decor.
I found some adorable cupcake toppers at my local Marshalls store that I thought would be so festive and cute for this occasion. I also bought Mini Whopper Robin Eggs to place on top.
You could use colorful Cadbury eggs, or even a chocolate rabbit, there really are no wrong easter candy toppings here!
For piping the whipped frosting
Again use what you have, but if you can it’s always nice to have a pretty piped cupcake!