This lovely recipe is sponsored by LorAnn Oils, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Almonds and Apricots possible!
Enjoy 20% off your next online purchase of LorAnn Oils with my coupon code KALA20
The shining flavors in this recipe are LorAnn Oils Coffee Bakery Emulsion, browned butter, and vanilla beans. They work harmoniously to deliver a delightful decadence that will leave you not only sweetly satisfied but will also cool you off during any hot summer day. You should also checkout this recipe forGourmet Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies with a touch of almond extract, If you love the combination of chocolate and cherries.
Chocolate Coffee Cookie and Browned Butter Icecream Sandwiches
What you’ll need:
- Butter- I prefer salted butter, but any butter will do here.
- Sugar- granulated white sugar. NOT powdered sugar.
- Brown sugar- I use dark brown sugar because I love the chewy texture and nutty flavor.
- Eggs- Extra Large eggs are needed here be sure they are room temp before baking.
- LorAnn Oils Madagascar Vanilla– LorAnn Oils Madagascar Vanilla is top-tier quality and delicious. Use my code Kala20 and get yours here!
- LorAnn Oils Coffee Emulsion– LorAnn Oils Coffee emulsion is necessary for this recipe because it adds a delicious depth of coffee flavor. Use my code Kala20 and get yours here!
- Flour- All-purpose flour is needed for this recipe, but feel free to substitute with gluten-free!
- Baking Powder- The most important note here is to make sure that it is not expired and your baking powder is fresh!
- Cocoa Powder- For this recipe, I used a mix of cocoa powders so anything goes here, just use an unsweetened quality brand.
- Instant espresso- I use a Starbucks packet of instant coffee but you can certainly use whatever you can find in your grocery store.
- Dark Chocolate- Please buy a quality dark chocolate bar. It will leave you with delicious puddles of chocolate in our cookies and adds a delicious bitterness that helps combat the sweetness in the ice cream. I use 60% dark in this recipe!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- This recipe calls for a 14oz can.
- Heavy Cream- Heavy cream is needed for the ice cream.
- LorAnn Oils Vanilla Bean Paste– LorAnnOils Vanilla bean paste makes this recipe taste and feel like a gourmet treat. I always say that this product is liquid GOLD and I use it in everything! Get yours here!
Tips for making Chocolate Coffee Cookie Sandwiches
- Make this recipe the night before you plan to assemble the sandwiches so assembly is a breeze and your ice cream will have plenty of time to harden in the freezer.
- Do not overbake the cookies, instead allow them to fully cool and store them in an air-tight container until you are ready to assemble your sandwiches.
- Make sure everything is room temperature before you start baking to ensure the cookies come out perfectly in texture and flavor.
- You can assemble the cookie sandwiches and wrap them individually with parchment paper. They can be frozen fully assembled and enjoyed at anytime