I know; you’re probably thinking- shouldn’t a white chocolate brownie be called a blondie? Actually no, a blondie has no white chocolate in them at all and in fact- they are closer related to a chocolate chip cookie than an actual brownie! This recipe spins a classic fudgy brownie into a tangy white chocolate surprise. Think of these as the fudgy brownie’s alter ego with a cream cheese raspberry twist!
This lovely recipe is sponsored by Lorann Oils, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Almonds and Apricots possible! Pretzel Crust Fudgy Brownies could be try for delicious taste as well.
Enjoy 20% off your next online purchase of LorAnn Oils with my coupon code KALA20
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Brownies
What you’ll need
Butter: I use salted butter for this recipe but unsalted will also work. Always use high quality butter.
White Chocolate: I specifically use Ghirardelli white chocolate bars (not chips) for this recipe because I find it adds a nice creamy texture and melts well into the butter. Another great option here would be Lindt white chocolate bars.
Sugar: This recipe calls for white sugar.
Eggs: Large eggs work best here; be sure the eggs are at room temp before baking.
LorAnn Oils Madagascar Vanilla Extract: LorAnn Oils Madagascar Vanilla is my personal favorite and I use it every day in my kitchen! Click HERE to buy, and use my discount code KALA20!
All-purpose flour: I use King Aurthor Un- bleached all-purpose flour, but any standard all-purpose flour will work here.
Salt: kosher salt, or flaky sea salt works best!
Cream Cheese: Philadelphia Cream cheese is my GO- TO for the perfect fluffy frosting.
Heavy Whipping Cream: I love Kroger’s brand of heavy cream!
Powdered Sugar: Any Powdered sugar will work for this recipe
LorAnn Oils Raspberry Emulsion: LorAnn Oils Raspberry Emulsion is the best way to flavor your goodies, using it in this frosting is so delicious! Click HERE to buy, and use my discount code KALA20!
Raspberry Preserves: I used my favorite jarred raspberry preserves for this recipe, but you could absolutely make fresh raspberry compote and swirl that in the frosting instead!
How to make White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Brownies
For the White Chocolate Brownie:
- Preheat the oven to 350f. Gease a 9×9- inch pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted, don’t over heat.
- Whisk until fully combined. Set aside and allow to cool slightly on the counter.
- In a separate bowl with an electric hand mixer, whisk together the sugar and eggs until well combined and the eggs start to look frothy.
- Add in the melted chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Then fold the flour and salt until combined, there should be streaks of flour left in the batter, don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, the center should be set but not firm.
- Allow to fully cool on the counter for 1hr.
For the Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Remove about 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture to a small bowl and add LorAnn Oils Raspberry Emulsion and raspberry preserves and mix well.
- You will have a white cream cheese mixture and a pink raspberry cream cheese mixture in separate bowls.
- Carefully remove your white chocolate brownie from its pan and place on a cutting board.
- With and offset spatula carefully dollop and spread the cream cheese topping all over the surface and smooth out.
- Next dollop on the raspberry cream cheese mixture and white a tooth pick slowly swirl them together to create a beautiful raspberry swirl effect!
- Allow to cool in the fridge for 3 hrs. or overnight, and enjoy!